- Version: 1.0
- Host: api.psma.com.au/v1
- Responds With:
What is the Buildings API?
The Buildings API a comprehensive, RESTful resource that aims to answer questions about buildings in Australia. It offers a service for finding buildings
linkage to addresses and will return many different pieces of information about a given building. The information is sourced from the buildings theme of our award-winning Geoscape® dataset
Key concepts you should know before you start developing
- Attributes are pieces of information about a specific resource, an example would be the geospatial coordinates of an address or what local government area that address is part of.
- Resources are the representation of a thing or an object that can have some data attached to it (attribute), example a specific address, a building or a parcel of land, we will often have unique identifiers for these things.
- Methods are the operation that is being performed on resources, example
- Collections are sets of resources grouped logically, example
- URL or (Uniform Resource Locator) is the path to the resource.
As long as you remember these key concepts you’ll be able to navigate our APIs quickly and efficiently.
To use the Buildings API you’ll need to purchase a bundled API plan. All bundled API plans have a defined amount of credit you can consume over a month or year, it’s drawn down based on the number of attributes you’ve requested and returned via the API. You’ll never be charged for attributes we didn’t give you and you didn’t request.